According to the 2004 Surgeon General's report,
• "Smoking is a cause of bladder cancer."
• "Smoking has been consistently associated with increased risk of cervical cancer."
• "Smoking is a major cause of esophageal cancer in the United States."
• "Leukemia has recently been implicated as a smoking-related disease."
• "Smoking cessation reduces the risk of pancreatic cancer."
• "Cigarette smoking is a major cause of stroke, the third leading cause of death in the United States."
• "Cigarette smoking is the most important of the causes of chronic bronchitis in the United States, and increases the risk of dying from chronic bronchitis."
• "Women who smoke have increased risks for conception delay and for both primary and secondary infertility."
• "Women who smoke have an increased risk for cataract."
Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death. Although many smokers go on to live long lives, the quality of life is often lower due to smoking related illness and side effects.
If you quit smoking now, you will make the biggest improvement to your health you may ever make. Many people hesitate to quit smoking based on the fear of withdrawal and failing to quit. Some may have even quit and started back up years later. Some may have just tried to quit using the traditional routes only to find unsatisfactory results. Whatever your reason, you are here to discover what acupuncture can do to help.
Acupuncture was shown to be successful in helping people quit smoking in the 2001 Preventive Medicine Journal (33, 364-372). In this study they concluded, "...adequate acupuncture treatment may help motivated smoker to reduce their smoking, or even quite smoking completely, and the effect may last for at least 5 years."
At the Milwaukee Acupuncture and Health Center, our Smoking Cessation Program has proven extremely successful. To find out if this program is right for you, please call Now at 414 727 4640 and quit for good, today!